The definition of leadership establishes that it is a set of skills that a person has to guide others and influence them to work with enthusiasm and thus achieve their objectives. A good leader for a company must be a professional who is constantly growing, perfecting, training, someone proactive and above all someone absolutely adaptable and able to carry out teamwork without problems.
Must be communicative, honest, strategist, disciplined, creative, with the ability to make decisions, must be able to act under pressure, power and know how to negotiate, among other characteristics. Of course it is complicated that someone meets all these requirements, but at least they give you a profile.
Types of leadership
• The autocratic, where leaders have absolute power over others.
• The bureaucrat, who follows all the rules to the letter.
• The charismatic leadership, one of the best, because it is that leader who inspires enthusiasm in his workers, although he believes more in himself than in the work team.
• The leader Laissez-faire. It is an expression that means “let it be”, this type of person lets his employees work on their own. It is an effective type when the members of the team have enough experience in the field.
• Business leadership, which is where the leader of the organization can achieve a motivation with which they reach the goals of the company and employees feel these achievements as their own.
• Natural leadership, which has a non-formal leader, that has emerged among employees because it has the ability to solve problems or guide them.
• Transactional leadership, with which employees enter the company agreeing to obey everything he puts forward. It focuses more on short-term tasks.
Among other types of leadership, what we think may be better is a natural leader who becomes a formal leader, because that person already has the skills and has already treated people, but does not have the power within the organization.
On the other hand, it may be that, having employees with a vast experience, we can give them the freedom to see how to solve something and then act on the result.
Be a good leader
It is assumed that a good leader is not a friend, but a guide. He is someone who wants you to grow and overcome professionally and that in this way you contribute improvements for the organization that you integrate. A good leader will want you to give 100% of your potential so that you can verify yourself whatyour capabilities are and for the company to see the kind of worker you are. Even this can cost you a promotion!
Someone who deserves the title of leader knows the attitudes and good and bad characteristics of his collaborators and will motivate his people to the point of fatigue so that they are always the best.
The type of person that we advise you to look for to lead your organization is the natural type, combined with the entrepreneurial one, because it already has the necessary skills and at the same time does not neglect the economic, financial and social objectives of the company.